Let me start by saying that a portion of this post is tongue-in-cheek, but if you fully read and consider this topic, it truly does reflect in a much smaller scale a comparison of a woman’s role in life to the Holy Spirit’s role in the believer’s lives. His position and responsibility bears far greater impact in the life of all believers, whereas a woman’s position is geared more toward those that she is in regular contact within her normal daily life.
The Holy Spirit does/is for us:
– A Helper : Romans 8:26 – helps us in our weakness,
– He instructs: Nehemiah 9:20 – the Lord gave his good Spirit to instruct them, John 14:26 – teaches all things, bring them to memory,
– He encourages Prophecy: Luke 1:41-42, 67-79 – Mary, Zechariah – both prophesied when filled with the Holy Spirit (to build up, encourage, speak God’s word, teaching),
– He anoints: Matthew 3:16, 1 John 2:27 – anointed Jesus, anoints believers as an oil,
– He leads: Matthew 4:1, Romans 8:14 – He leads us as sons of God,
– Our intercessor: Romans 8:26-27 – intercedes for us in accordance to God’s will,
– He hovers: Genesis 1:1 – the Spirit of God hovered over the face of the waters…
Now let’s compare this to what a woman does/is for her husband, children and friends:
– A helper: to her husband, her children with school and all learning, and friends that need anything additional,
– She instructs: her children in matters of life, school, friendships and spiritual growth, and her husband in how to spend their money,
– One who prophecies: her children’s future if they don’t do homework or their chores, she has prophetic warnings for her spouse should he consider an affair,
– Anoints: a woman blesses others with gifts of her time and her abilities, and she anoints her children with oils and creams as their skin requires,
– Leads: she leads her family by example of faith, by them all attending church each week, and by their hair if they don’t comply,
– Intercedes: this woman intercedes with the Lord about her family, she intercedes with the kids’ school teachers, and for her husband’s job at company functions,
– Hovers: yes, a woman’s God-given talent is to hover over her children’s time, her husband’s activities, and their money.
OK. Perhaps this is rather silly, but in all truth, I do believe our role in the lives of our families and the circles we are in does have a major affect on others. We as women must recognize how everything we do has a direct impact on those around us, whether it is a good one or a negative one, so consider your actions, words, and heart in all situations, even if you are alone.
“Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.”
We may not have been created first, but we women were made to be the man’s supporter, helper, mate, strength, and best friend. This role is of big importance in the eyes of the Lord, and of our husbands, children and friends. Remember – we are the hands and feet of Jesus – they hold, protect, point, create, carry, and support others in kindness, with gentleness, and whenever needed.
“The LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”… “Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.”
Genesis 2:18, 22
“Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.”
“‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams…”
Food for thought: Men and husbands, we women need your help with something: we desire for you to take your leadership role as the spiritual head of the home seriously! We desperately want you to fulfill that role so that we can be your support, your strength, your confidant, your cheerleader, and intercede for you. We want to motivate you and inspire you, and together witness the fruits of our combined labors!
Fun facts: A woman has only 2 problems: 1. Nothing to wear. 2. No room for all the clothes.
Men marry women with the hope they will never change.
Women marry men with the hope they will change.
And they are both disappointed.
Photo by: Kari Wiseman – Holy Spirit’s fire